A robust marketing plan should include a range of elements, and even if your pharmaceutical company has never engaged the world of video marketing before, you need to consider it now. Why are video production services so essential? Take a look at these five reasons.
1. Your Customers Are Watching Videos Online
Your customers are online and they are watching. Of all the people who head to the internet every day, 80% of them are watching videos1, and over half of the total world (55%) watches videos online on a daily basis2. The team at YouTube reports that their viewership increased 40% in the five years between 2014 and 20193. It’s no wonder that views on branded video content have increased 258% on Facebook and 99% on YouTube over the last four years4.
To reach these people, you need video productions services that can help you create compelling, informative videos about your pharmaceutical products and we continue to see an increase in testimonial videos. Best of all, once people finish watching quality videos, 92% of consumers share them, helping to ensure your message is spread far and wide.
2. Video Appeals to People’s Emotions
When you sell pharmaceuticals, you really have to appeal to people’s emotions. There are a lot of feelings, passions, and fears wrapped up in healthcare, and video helps you appeal to the emotional side of the decision making process in a compelling way. You can help people see why they shouldn’t fear asking for help, you can help convince them that their life will be richer with the right medication, and most importantly, you can help them start the journey to better health. You also have more time to do that than you do with text. While people may stop reading web content or just skim it (especially jargon-heavy medical content), they almost always watch the bulk of most videos.
3. Consumers Remember More From Videos
Research also shows that consumers tend to remember more from videos. In fact, studies show that viewers retain 95% of a video’s message5. compared to 10% when reading text. If you’re trying to explain complex ways that a certain medication can help you, video production services help to ensure that information sticks in your consumers’ heads. Similarly, even messages such as “ask your doctor” about this medication are more likely to be remembered when they are delivered to consumers in video form.
4. Videos Help With Conversion and Engagement
Regardless of where you place your videos, they have a unique opportunity to engage your customers and boost your conversion rates. If you send out emails with videos, recipients are 19% more likely to open them if the subject line says “video”. Nearly 66% of US adults6 go online to research their conditions, providing opportunity to market to your target audience and provide testimonial videos or educational videos about your product. Additionally, when you put videos on a landing page, your web traffic stays on the page an average of 2.6 times longer7 than the average web visitor, and they become twice as likely to make a purchase. Overall, video production services can help to increase conversion rates by 80% on landing pages8
5. Your Competitors Are Already Doing It
Finally, you need to consider video production services because your competitors are already doing it. It’s no wonder 62% of marketers plan to increase their video ad spend on YouTube9. Many others are using videos on TV, on their websites, on their social media feeds, and on other social media platforms.
- Cisco. “Annual Internet Report (2018–2023) White Paper.” https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/executive-perspectives/annual-internet-report/white-paper-c11-741490.html.
- Omnicore. “YouTube by the Numbers: Stats, Demographics & Fun Facts.”https://www.omnicoreagency.com/youtube-statistics/
- Cooper,Paige.”23 YouTube Statistics that Matter to Marketers in 2020.”Hootsuite.https://blog.hootsuite.com/youtube-stats-marketers/.
- Brouwer, Bree.”Facebook Video: Views of Sponsored Video Content Jump 258% Since 2016.”TublarInsights.https://tubularinsights.com/sponsored-content-q2-2017-report/.
- Lister, Mary. “37 Staggering Video Marketing Statistics for 2018.”Wordstream.https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2017/03/08/video-marketing-statistics
- PWC.”Pharma 2020: Marketing the future Which path will you take?”https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/pharma-life-sciences/pdf/ph2020-marketing.pdf.
- Fishman, Ezra.”Our Videos Dramatically Increased Our Visitors’ Time on Page.”Wistia.https://wistia.com/learn/marketing/video-time-on-page?utm_content=buffer9b696&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer.
- Verountas, Ted.”The Medium Is in the Message: 20 Video Landing Page Examples.”Instapage.https://instapage.com/blog/video-landing-page-examples.
- Zote, Jacqueline. “40 YouTube stats and facts to power your 2020 marketing strategy.” SproutSocial.https://sproutsocial.com/insights/youtube-stats/.