Video marketing evolves at a lightning-fast pace. Over the course of the past year, online video marketing has become an even stronger force to reckon with than before. Check out the following video marketing stats to get a feel for the state of the medium in 2017.
- 91 percent of B2B consumers prefer visual and interactive content like videos over static content.
- 56 percent of all videos published in the previous year lasted less than two minutes.
- Videos influenced 64 percent of consumers to purchase a product.
- 69 percent of businesses plan to increase their video marketing budget in the near future.
- Watching videos is one of the most popular activities conducted online.
- On average, companies publish 18 videos per month.
- At 26 percent, online videos are the second most engaging content on social media, beaten narrowly by written articles.
- On average, Facebook provides a total of 8 billion views daily.
- 46 percent of marketers intend to add Facebook video to their content strategy next year.
- …And 48 percent want to add YouTube content.
- Single videos make up 25 percent of Instagram ads.
- Out of all the social video platforms currently online, YouTube gets the most traffic, while Facebook gets the second most.
- 86 percent of business-related video views happen on desktop computers.
- 75 percent of millennials watch an online video at least once a day.
- 80 percent of online consumer traffic will involve video by 2020.
The Main Takeaways
What lessons should we learn from these new stats about online video marketing?
- Video has become an integral part of our online lives. More Internet users are watching videos than ever, and that number will grow even more in the future.
- Video has changed the way we conduct business. Many companies are making room for video content in their work and budgets because more consumers watch online videos every day.
- Social platforms are the biggest video publishers on the Internet. YouTube, Facebook and other social media sites provide a platform where you can get your videos in front of consumers’ faces.
- Most importantly, video content works. A good video can convince a consumer to make a purchase. And buyers from other companies prefer dynamic content over static content.
What Are You Waiting For?
If you don’t include online video marketing in your content strategy, you’re missing out. Contact us for help with your next video project.