Video marketing is an e-commerce strategy that can give you an advantage over your competitors. 90 percent of consumers surveyed by Forbes said that a video convinced them to make a purchase. This extra influence can give you a leg up on other brands that haven’t caught up with current video trends. Learn how you can use video marketing to enhance your ecommerce brand.
What Kinds of Videos Do E-commerce Businesses Use for Marketing?
Online videos come in many shapes and forms. While we’re sure some folks have thought outside the box and used an unconventional type of video to market their brand, ecommerce brands often create:
- Product videos: Videos that showcase a product itself can provide consumers with a richer perspective than a simple product image. You can use them to showcase how your product works and show its benefits in action.
- Live streaming videos: Live streams are becoming increasingly popular with brands because they combine content marketing and direct interaction with consumers. When you stream a video, you can communicate with customers in ways you couldn’t otherwise.
- Behind the scenes videos: To build a connection with your consumers, you can try showing them what happens behind the online store. Make a video showing how your products are made or interview an employee about their work.
- Tutorials and educational videos: By showing customers how to use your products or solve relevant problems, you can establish yourself as a trusted resource. You can also use tutorials to showcase your products’ benefits.
And of course, brands use many more kinds of videos. Try researching other brands in your industry and see the approaches that they take so you can inform your approach.
How Do I Start Making a Video Content Strategy?
While videos have tons of marketing potential, you have to use them wisely to take advantage of their benefits. Timing, resources, aesthetics, promotion and many other factors all affect the impact of your online videos. So, like with any other kind of marketing, you should create a strategy to get the most out of your content.
When you make a video content strategy, consider the following questions:
- What kind of message do I want to convey?
- How do I want my audience to react?
- What do I want my audience to do after they watch the video?
- Is video the best way to achieve these goals?
- What platform(s) do I want to share my video on?
- How much can I afford to spend on my video?
- What resources do I have to make a video?
Outsourcing Your Video Production
It can be tricky to make your own marketing video, especially if you’re new to the process. Once you’ve thought about the advice above, get in touch with agencies like our own who help businesses make the perfect marketing video.